Keyword
Welcome, Guest
(187 Viewing)  (186) Guest

TOPIC: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #19879

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 316
B) The shop is empty and closed. Now I have to get the boats out of here and clear the parking area so I don't get charged for another month because of having 3 boats and my covered trailer with a Mustang hidden inside of it. The Mustang was clear coated Friday and sat over the weekend to start curing. I went in yesterday to see how it was doing and found that bugs and dust had gotten into the finish coat. That is not a good thing. It will cost me more work and money to get it finished right but it is repairable and I now have the time to get it done right. The Mustang barely fit in the trailer but the important word is "fit" and that it did. Anyhow, with the shop closed I can now turn my attention to getting back out treasure diving and treasure hunting on some of the wrecks I have been wanting to get to for the past 5 years. Time is a wasting and I need to get this chemo behind me and get going.

I am sitting in the cancer center going through my chemo session with a new set of drugs and procedures. They have Wi-Fi here and I am undergoing a three and a half hour treatment. This is my first session so I am not sure how the drugs are going to effect me yet. The warnings are on the scary side but, then again, they usually are with any new medications. I am sitting in the treatment center chair with a pretty young lady about 40 sitting next to me who also is fighting cancer. That is entirely to young to be going through this. There are 8 people in here going through treatments for various cancers. No age is to young or to old. They range from about 20 to I would estimate in their mid 80's.

Nothing has changed on the home front. I am planning to head out to Texas to take the scrap pontoon boat to my brother so he can put it out on the pond for the kids to use as a floating camp site and swim/fishing platform. Camping on a floating deck will make it a lot safer than camping in the woods with wolves and big cats roaming about. Even having one of the cattle wander into the campsite could be hazardous. Even a 400 pound baby could hurt if it stepped on your foot or head.

Well, I am going to get some bills paid and check my emails. Take care, Y'All, I'll be out there somewhere diving for treasure as fast as I can. :woohoo: :woohoo:
Count your Blessings but Remember your Dreams!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by WhiteFeather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 21 hours ago #19880

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 27
$ 300

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 1 hour ago #19881

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
I have Multiple Myeloma, it is in the bone, bone marrow, soft tissue and blood. Average survival is 3 to 5 years but I don't follow averages. I heard of one guy that survived 10 years and I intend to beat that all to hell. I am in the 4th year and am in pretty good shape other than considerable weight loss (85 #) and the removal and repair of some seriously damaged vertebra. It started out as another form of cancer and then mutated into what I have now. It is attributed to Agent Orange. I did three tours in Vietnam and was in the highest sprayed area in all of Southeast Asia. Many of the people I served with are gone with many forms of cancer. We were killed by our own side and didn't even know it. We also brought some very serious problems home to our wives and children without knowing it. My wife had two beautiful, healthy children before I went to Nam. When I came home we tried for 5 years to have more kids but she kept having one miscarriage after another until the last one almost killed her along with the baby. That was the last time we ever tried to have any more kids. I later found out that that was another side of bringing home Agent Orange in your system. It carried over to your family. It can lay dormant in your system for 30, 40, 50 years or more and then hit you from out of nowhere. It can be brought on by stress, over working and wearing your system down by many means. Dioxin is a very deadly chemical that is formed when Agent Orange, Agent White, Agent Blue and other defoliants are manufactured. It can not be removed from the defoliant and can strike without warning as many kinds of cancer and other health problems. As for the type of cancer I have, it is terminal. The best I have is how long I can keep fit enough to fight it and keep it pushed back into shorter and shorter remissions. I have lost 85 pounds and 3 1/2 inches off my height due to the spinal damage and vertebrae damage and removal. My bones look like pieces of driftwood that has been eaten away by shipworms. The bones are riddled with very tiny holes. Thousands of them. This has weakened by bones and I have to be very careful about lifting anything of any weight. I undergo monthly I.V.'s for bone density improvement and am now getting a new series of chemo to try to push back the latest flare up of the cancer. These treatments take from three to four hours twice a week. We won't know if it is working for a couple of weeks so I go through constant blood work and then chemo. My body is in some very serious and constant pain. I can understand how some people give up and decide to stop the chemo and radiation treatments and surgeries. I have had all of them multiple times and have no intention of quitting or stopping treatment. I am with the Florida Cancer Center. They are among the best in the world and my doctor has pulled me through this three times. I have the utmost confidence and trust in him and his judgement and will not consider other options. That is also very important when fighting cancers. Attitude and the willingness to go all in to beat it. Terminal is a bad word when dealing with cancer but it can help raise the level of determination to beat it as long as possible.

I have great grand children to see up north and as soon as this series of chemo is over I am heading up to the upper Chesapeake Bay region to do some long overdue family reunions. My son died just after Christmas in 2016 about three months before we were to take a road trip on our road bikes together with our wives down to Key West and up the east coast all the way into Toronto, Canada and then back over to his place in Texas. Something a little over 3,000 miles over several weeks. We used to do that when we were younger. I miss those days. I got him his first motorcycle when he was about 10 years old. He was jumping the 12 foot wide ditch behind our house with his sister riding on the back within weeks of getting it. When he crashed it really bad the wife made me take it away before he killed himself. I still let him ride it when his Mom was at work.

I have closed the shop and still have two more boats to get out of the yard before they will stop the rent. I will try to get them out today when I leave here. I got John's boat down to him yesterday and only managed to lose one fender, tear up one tire and lost only one side door. I still think that boat has a poltergeist aboard it. Every time I touch it something awful happens. I couldn't even get it down the road without something going real bad. At least the engine hasn't seized up. John is picking up a new starter and we will get it back running in short order. That is, if the poltergeist will let us. We'll see.

Back to my treasure research. I have a couple of sites to investigate as soon as I get out of here and take Baboon out on the coast dives. This cancer is slowing me down but it hasn't stopped me yet and will play hell trying. I need to recertify a couple of my tanks and get going. My treasure is sitting out there and some other diver may stumble on it if I don't go out and bring it back real soon. I got to run........ See Ya!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 hour ago by WhiteFeather.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 2 weeks 1 hour ago #19882

• thetigers2
  • Senior Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 42
You got this...now find some treasure...

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #19883

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
rUSS this is Tayopa I was in the Guadal campaign,Augt 11 th 42

This is compatible with all treatments, It literally starves the cancer cells to death, and as a side benefit it eliminated all pain caused by the cancera

Check into it.

I have reccommened it to 14 people, all which eliminated their cancer., and and It costs o lly $ 300.

Luck on whatever you decide

I had three cancers, one of which was terminal, all cured by this proical 18 years now, I am the poster child of the Tucson VA

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 6 days ago #19884

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Please forgive the typos, but I have to type with one hand and hold a magnifying glass with the other, I am in a transitional phase between Glasses and a cateract operation, prefer glases

Yes I know about screen amplifiers.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 5 days ago #19885

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 129
Good advice Don Jose. I hope Russ will give it a shot. I'm surprised you are still alive!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 5 days ago #19886

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) The shop is closed for good. I locked the doors and turned in the keys when I left yesterday. I have a small storage unit where I put the extra junk I couldn't throw out or sell for now. Eventually it will all go. For the time being I am free of the shop and the work overload I have been under for the last nearly 6 years. It felt good to get up this morning and not have to go to the shop.

I have to get on the boats that are stored and are at the marina. One is going to my brother's ranch in Texas. That will be a nice trip after I get done with this round of chemo. I have a little work to do on I.R.Baboon and a lot to do on the Hatteras. But, at least for now, I will have the time to get on them. My work load is dwindling down and is becoming more manageable. I need to get going with some diving and fishing again. Now I have the time to get out and start doing what I want.

Yesterday turned a bit rough due to the chemo treatment I suppose. I was supposed to be watching my temperature, among other things, and let it go, thinking I was just over tired. The doctor said to call him if it went above 100.5. By the time I caught it, it was 103.7 and I was feeling real bad. I took some Aleve and went to bed because it was about 11 P.M. by then. I woke several times and it was coming down slowly all night. By this morning it was back to normal at 98.7. As close to normal as I get, anyhow. :lol:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 5 days ago #19887

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Salvor, what do mean, still alive. I am only 95

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 5 days ago #19888

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
what do you mean? I am only 95

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19889

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
1767 wrote:
Salvor, what do mean, still alive. I am only 95

You said that 5 years ago. :woohoo:

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 4 days ago #19890

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
that was 5 years ago !

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 3 days ago #19891

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Ahoy my Hero Don Jose, can you get me the information on your cancer cure that worked for you. I'll go back and check what you wrote but I don't remember the particulars offhand. I am having trouble remembering things a bit but that is to be expected with this much chemo.

Today I am taking it easy and doing a little work on the water system and power systems on the Hatteras. I need to get all of that working or at least as much as I can for now. It is hard staying on it with so many problems including no A/C and minimal cooking facilities. I don't mind roughing it but this is ridicules. Baboon would be better but it is so small that a good sneeze would blow the front hatch off. :S

I had to run to Lowes to get some stainless screws to re-attach the engine hatches on the Hatt and stopped at Mickey D's for a snack and to use the internet to order some parts for the engines. I have to get the water system hooked up on them before I can start re-attaching the water system and fuel systems. There is a lot more missing off these engines than I was told and it is going to cost considerable more to replace all of the hardware and parts throughout the entire boat. And still, it is to small to live aboard long term. I need to get it running and sell it or just get out from under it and move on to something much bigger. I need another 45 footer or bigger. 60 would be more of what I want. I have to figure something out and get on with it.

Time to get out of here. Part is ordered and I am burning daylight.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 3 days ago #19892

• NOW ONLINE
  • Junior Treasure Hunter
Russ, go to search on the internet, type in Cesium chloride for cancer. Read cefully. I went to the Wolfe clinic

www.thewolfeclinic.com/wp/the-cesium-chloride-protocolr/

Luck, and kep me informed

p.s it should stop all pain within a few days

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 2 days ago #19895

• ropesfish
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
Hey Russ,
I hate to hear of your troubles but I think your stress levels will drop and your cancer will respond to that. I see good things in your future.
Good luck, mi amigo!

OK...So...you want boats?
Kind of expensive at $84K asking, but it is turnkey, diesel and right down the street as well as being right up your alley.
www.boattrader.com/listing/1972-carri---craft-diesel-catamaran-103059149/?refSource=standard%20listing

I don't think this is for sale and it is a little expensive, but it is a Carri-Craft done right. Droolworthy
www.marlowmarine.com/files/66765896.pdf

and I found these...some may be good, some may be sold, but I bet it would be worth looking:
www.allboatlistings.com/all-states/all-categories/carri+craft/

and there is someone in this link looking for you and White Feather:
www.all-about-houseboats.com/are-carricraft-houseboats-good-for-coastal-navigation-island-hopping.html
Bill Black
Search and Salvage
Sebastian, FL 32958
No regrets. No prisoners.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 1 day ago #19898

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
That Carri-craft is GORGEOUS! But it is very old (1972). It should be going for a much lower price.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 week 1 day ago #19899

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) That boat is not to old, it is just over priced. People get these big old boats and think they have a gold mine. They don't seem to realize that it takes a lot to run one and most of them have no idea of what it really takes to maintain one. I see idiots out there all the time that think they know what they are doing when they know just enough to ruin the boat. Many more have no idea of how to operate one. I see them all the time just barreling through anchorages, no wake zones, shallow water areas, passing marinas to close and to fast and they see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

One of the boats I was looking into actually looked like my actual boat but the guy had jacked the price up 5 times over what he paid for it. I know he put a lot of money into it but I am not going to pay him for his stupidity. You get an old boat and pour a ton of money in it, you still just have an old boat with a lot of money in it and you deserve to lose it. You don't improve the outcome of what the boat is or how it is going to hold up. It is still the same old boat with a fresh coat of paint and the same 50 year old engines that I rebuilt. Yeah, it has a pair of freshly rebuilt Corvette engines. 50 year old Corvette engines.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 5 days 13 hours ago #19902

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
What's the progress on the Hatteras? Did you get the engines running?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 day 13 hours ago #19904

• Salvor6
  • Administrator
Russ, have not heard from you in over 6 days. How are you?

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 1 day 6 hours ago #19905

• WhiteFeather
  • Expert Treasure Hunter
B) Yeah Pete, Sorry for the absence. It has been a week to contend with by any means. Let's see? Where to start? In the beginning there was ...... No, Wait, That's another story. I'll try to stay on track.

I am sitting in McDonald's having a pancake breakfast and trying to get ready for my Chemo coming up in a few hours. This week has been strange, heavily demanding and full of all kinds of minor to medium disasters. I'll try to get some pictures in here because it is going to require visual confirmation to even believe some of the happenings.

Things were moving right along last week. I started my chemo on Monday and seemed to breeze through it okay. I felt a little under the weather on Monday after the treatment and just decided to take it easy for the next day or two. Not really a bad start. Tuesday came and I decided to go out on Baboon for the day and do a little fishing or just cruise down to one of the dive sites near Anna Maria Island. With the chemo I got a bit of a late start and just kind of hung out on the river and drug some ballyhoo down river between the bridges. Not a bad day but not what I was planning. Since I was not feeling up to full capacity I anchored out and had a nice quiet evening feeding fish and fixing dinner.

In the morning I decided to head down island and see what was on the menu. We cruised around and the day went pretty much like any other day where I would just enjoy the ride. Going down river I crossed a local sandbar without any real problem. A minor scrape but I.R.Baboon is a very shallow draft vessel and I barely noticed rubbing bottom. I have crossed that particular sandbar before. Anyhow, I went on down to the Island and cruised along the coast checking out some spots I want to dive when I get through with the chemo. As it was getting late, around 3:00 and it was about a 3 hour tour back up river I decided to head home. Again that sandbar was right in the way if I wanted to get home before dark so I decided to slip over it again and cut off about 5 miles of going way out of the way. Now, having a shallow draft boat for exploring the Florida coastline is essential. The waters around here can be fickle to say the least. I was running a fast clip but wasn't to worried because the water was clear and I could see bottom pretty good. Actually, to good. All of a sudden I could feel Baboon slowing very quickly to a dead stop within a few yards. I tried to back off the sandbar but it had a pretty good hold on Baboon. I could not move. I pulled up the local tide chart on the GPS and found that the tide was going out. It was just starting out. That's not good. Hitting bottom on an outgoing tide can be a problem. This was going to be no exception. I thought I had best get a couple of anchors out as fast as I could and kedge myself off of the sandbar. It was still early afternoon so I wasn't to worried just yet. Looking back, I should have been in panic mode and tried to pick up Baboon and push her off the sandbar myself but we all know that was not possible.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

As you can see, that did not go to well. The water ran out faster than I had ever seen it go before. I was high and dry in just under three, count-um' 3 hours and there was no way to get her righted. I was going to sit here like this until the tide came back in. The GPS said that was going to be around 2:30 A.M. So, it was going to be a long wait for the tide to head back in.

All night the boat laid over at a 30degree angle making any sort of comfort impossible. Yes, I had a friend along on this three hour tour. Okay, 2:00 A.M. rolls around and the boat uprights it's self but does NOT lift off the sand. Try as I may the boat would not budge. Now, before you tell me to pull from the mast or pivot the boat towards deeper water you should remember that this is not my first rodeo folks. Believe it or not, I have been grounded a time or two before. I already dislodged the mast trying to haul over and slide across the sand. It did not work and Baboon would not budge. As she stood up I thought I might as well try to lean her the other way. My engine exhaust and a couple of other thru-hulls were underwater laying on the port side. I run my lines and hauled her over to the starboard side. After a few attempts I managed to get her over onto the starboard side before the water started back out. This proved later to be a good move. Even though the engine would not make her slide it was more comfortable on the starboard side after things quit sliding across the deck and falling off the walls. Yeah, everything on the port side went over to the starboard side in one big avalanche. We repositioned ourselves to cope with the change. I also decided to call Towboat U.S. to see about getting them to pull us off of the sandbar.

Now you would think that should be a fairly easy thing to do. pick up the cell phone and call. Give them your co-ordinates and they would show up when the tide was getting close to full up. No, these idiots were the dumbest cluster of human ineptness I had ever run across. I am a boater and have been for over 60 years so describing a situation is a fairly simple thing. It also should be done with the recovery vessel's captain. The guy/gal who is going to come out to pull you off of the sandbar. I have had to call them a time or two before and am pretty well versed in the procedures to follow. This was nothing farther from the truth. they asked if I was hard aground or if it was a soft grounding several times. Look at the boat...... what would you call that? It is hard aground to me. Now, when the tide returns that may change. It usually does. With an ample supply of soft water under the boat it changes the situation from hard grounding to what is considered a soft grounding. Right? The idiot says that my towing insurance does NOT cover a hard grounding and that would be covered under my other boat insurance. We argued for the next two hours. The next high tide was going to be at about noon the next day. It was supposed to be a flood tide which meant there should be about a foot more water than when I hit the sandbar if we were going to have any luck. Then I asked what was the procedure if I wasn't covered. They said I would have to pay cash for the "in-grounding". "How much cash?", says I. You ready for this?.....It will run $190 a FOOT measured from bowsprit to the end of the swim platform. My little boat would run over $5,000 to pull off the sandbar. I asked what it would cost to have them take my passenger to somewhere where a ride home was possible and they said that would be free because it was covered. I said to come on and get it done. I would stay with the boat for the next two weeks before I would pay $5,000 to pull it off the sandbar. I am sure it will be a good high tide sometime before the next full moon to float me off the bar.

There is a bit more coming on this and other adventures that happened this week but I have to get going to my chemo. Just a quick look at what's to come......Getting back to the truck to find TWO flat tires. Tires for this truck are not cheap. This was NOT vandalism or sabotage but having two tires destroyed on the same day was suspicious to say the least. ...... next was a notice on my truck that if I left it parked overnight in the marina it would be towed. ??????? Want to bet? I am going to have words with the marina security and office people. I often go out for days at a time and have always left the truck parked there. I think these new security people don't like me knowing that they are sleeping in the marina instead of patrolling the grounds like they are supposed to do. I guess they are worried about me letting someone know about their secret hiding spots.

Got to run. Chemo awaits.

Last Edit: 1 day 4 hours ago by WhiteFeather.
Moderators: Salvor6, LobsterPirate